Tuesday, October 1, 2013

After reading the article on public schools and creativity, I had this to say. Schools have never been a place for creativity, in fact, it is kind of the opposite. School is a place to learn what you need to know for life beyond high school. Schools do offer many things to help students express creativity, like Creative Writing classes, and Drama programs, and they even require their students to take an art class. The schools main goal is to teach each student the same exact thing, and it is really up to the teacher to decide how creativity is tied in. I have had teachers who wanted me to express all the creativity I possibly had in me, and I have also had teachers who just wanted me to do everything the exact way that they told me. Creativity is not dying, it's just not as common as it should be.

3 comments: